Followers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Poetry

I was looking up how to write good poetry on Google, and I came across this wonderful quote

"Good poetry requires a balancing of talent, study and skill to craft a poem. Emotions alone are never enough."


I have thought about my own tips too.

1.try to make the lines have the same amount of syllables.
2. deeply describe everything.
3. try to use metephors.
4. pick a topic for your poem that you know well.
5. If you cant think of any good rhyming words then go to this website

I hope I helped with all you people who are trying to become good poets!

Every hope and dream is shattered,
All my happy thoughts are scattered,
Darkness seeps through the holes in my soul,
The happy thoughts have lost control,
A black butterfly rest on my hand,
The gloom does not withstand,
The good overcomes the bad,
The world surronding no longer sad,
The butterfly sheds its dark skin,
It restores its true colors within.

1 comment:

  1. yea i really can't do poetry or really even write well.... O well! But you can and its never a bad thing to look up good tips it helps alot getting the idea in mind

    ReplyDelete