Followers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Vegetarian , What if I don't believe In Myself Enough..

I have realized that every time I try to become vegetarian the only reason I don't last is because I'm so commited to it. I know it is immoral to eat meat. Even though the animal is already dead the industry kills more animals for each product bought. My brother once told me "if you won't eat a dead person then it is not morally right to eat dead animals." at first I thought this was ridiculous and I said it is bad to eat people, but then I realized what he said is true. I am thinking about trying to be vegetarian but I know if I announce it I will feel too commited and I will just start eating meat again. So until I have stopped eating meat subconsiously for about 30 days , I'm not going to formally announce that I'm vegetarian. This may not make sense to you. But sometimes what I think in my mind only really makes sense to me.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think ill of the tiger for it eats meat? Or of the dog, who's nature is to eat what it has killed? Who relys on meat to survive? Then tell me why it is wrong of us to eat meat when we have canine teeth ourselves.

    Why should we deny our God given right? Unprocessed food that tastes good is good for you. Without meat we would be unhealthy.

    "if you won't eat a dead person then it is not morally right to eat dead animals"

    Morals are standards for what is right or just, and the standards in this world are that eating meat is right and cannibalism is wrong. There is no similarity.

    I don't see how vegetarians can say that, just because they don't see eye to eye with the rest of the world, they are right and everyone else is immoral. I know a few vegetarians and though I don't agree with them I give them a certain measure of respect, I don't refer to them as 'immoral'.

    I have a dream, and that dream is full of steaks so rare and juicy that the cow barly saw the kitchen. My potato has an unnecessary amount of bacon bits dumped all over the top. All the rolls on the table are drenched in Gravey and while the grease of all the dead animals is dripping down my chin, I stop and think of how wonderful it is that I'm not a vetetarian.

    ReplyDelete